Saturday, January 12, 2013

Michele Rosenthal is amazing

I haven't written here since October, I will keep this short and break as many page margins as possible. Proper blogging in earnest begins later, first I have I MUST talk about my new favorite person. Michele Rosenthal!



As you may have guessed she is an illustrator, I didn't draw that. I think she is awesome, I'm not weird. In addition to creating this masterpiece



she has also recently taken on the Herculean task of watching and doing short reviews of the entire Criterion collection. That alone earns my respect, but she is also adding a cute illustration for each of the movies.

On that list is Lars Von Trier's not for the squeamish  film about ... something. Not to spoil anything the film has quite graphic depictions of sex and more disfunction than walmart at 2 am.

This was how she illustrated it.

  
A noticeable reference for those familiar with the movie and the most wonderful misdirection for those who have not. 

I don't really have much more to say but this picture brightened up my day and I take myself out of blogging retirement to sing this woman's praises.


LINKS:







No comments:

Post a Comment