Saturday, December 10, 2011

Entry number 6 (chapter 2 part 3)



             Tesla and Twain were sitting in the very restaurant that they met due to their mutual dislike in Thomas Edison. Since their adventure in tesla’s forbidden room, Twain had to go and settle a few things. It’s been a month since that day. “Good to see you Tesla as always. Would it be too much to hope for that you have come to your senses or are you still determined to make me doubt your sanity and have us go on a masquerade?” “If you didn’t wish to be involved Sam you would have never come back, you and I are both stubborn that’s how we work.” Twain said nothing; he just drank his coffee and tried to hold back a smirk. “I asked you to come here for a reason. In Italy the Sicilians have formed a power crime syndicate. I have reason to believe various members have immigrated over and are attempting at starting an American branch here in New York.” At this Mark was shaking with withheld laughter. “Did one of your 90 pound lab techs give you this valuable intel?” Tesla straightened his tie “No, earlier this month several Italian men asked me to make them enough guns to take out a small town in Rhode island.” “Ok that certainly raises a red flag or two” said Mark after finishing his coffee. “They are trying to lean on the shop owner for protection money. That’s bad enough as is, and even though I love this place, but just look around (Tesla gestured to the mostly empty restaurant.) this place isn’t jumping with business there is no way he can afford to pay. The shop owner confided in me not long after you left, I have been doing intelligence gathering since then” says Tesla. “Well it’s obvious then, they are forcing him out of business so they can take it over and use the business as a front for illegal and otherwise nefarious ventures.” said Twain.  “So are you finally ready to die on your feet then Sam?” Mark chuckled “Well I figure one of two things will happen …” Tesla interrupted him, “You can tell me your two ways on the road, and I’ll fill you in on this group. We have some planning to do.”
            The group originally called themselves “The Saviors of the New Italian Empire”  it was more majestic in Italian. They eventually shortened it to “New Italy.” The two brothers Gaperi, Giuseppe and Giorgio founded it. It was originally just the two of them but now they grown to twenty. Not the most powerful army, though considering the two of them spoke little English it was an accomplishment. Suitably enough when they became the higher ups they were called Romulus and Remus after the fictional founders of Rome. They set them selves in up in an old condemned firehouse. To say the conditions were not ideal would be a tremendous understatement. The firepole was song since removed so there was hole above them if they had a meeting on the ground floor and a hold below them if they chose to have a meeting on the floor above, a plywood board did little to appease people. Romulus called the meeting to order. "Gentleman, what is the progress of the missions I have given each of you?" "everything is going according to plan don Romulus. We have imported the stuff and as soon as we take down the restaurant we will have the most impressive opium den in all the world" said a goon. Romulus straightened up in his chair "very good to hear, Antonio you were put in charge of the restaurant how is it coming" "I just don't get it don, he should have run out days ago,  I think that scientist is giving him money" Romulus was less pleased with this news "TESLA! He thinks he can step into our business? Familia we will meet the shop owner tonight, you can't give money to a dead man. When we are done Tesla is next!"
                      Miles away at his lab tesla and twain were listening in. “Tesla how in the hell were you able to plant a listening device, and also why didn’t you tell me you invented a listening device” said Twain. “This thing, I made it back in the old country, it never came in handy. I almost threw it away. The transceiver is attached to a newpaper I switched with a newsie. Though I couldn’t be sure which paper was going to go to the Italians so I had to plant one in all of them. I had to spend a good couple hours triangulating the signal, after making a few humorous recordings for my records.” “I never figured you for a voyeur mister Tesla. Anyway it sounds like these are the people you don’t want on your badside. We have to go to the police with this recording. They plan to kill the shopkeeper Tesla!” “Sam, how can we know they don’t have the police in their back pocket? Plus they already know who I am so either way they will know I turned them in. So if I am going to die by taking them down I will do it directly.” Said Tesla. Tesla then turned off the listening device. “Come Sam, I’ll explain my plan.” Again Mark and Tesla made there way to the back of the lab to the secret room. After the unlocking process they made their way to back of the room. Tesla gestured to a large human sized figure covered with a sheet. “Sam this is the foundation of our plan.” Tesla then pulled off the sheet, it was indeed a human figure. Underneath the sheet was what appeared to be a metallic man. It had a head with no facial features and they arms and legs featured life like joints. “What the hell is it” said Twain. “It’s a remote control military militia. This guy can withstand knives, guns, cannon fire, and even if need be a nuclear blast” said Tesla. “What is a nuclear blast?” “Oh (Tesla clears his throat) nothing, forget I said anything. Anyway the idea of this metal militia was to stand in for our soldiers. Enough of these and we would never lose another war. Of course the money pushers of Washington determined he was not a cost effective expenditure. I call him Gary Gray.” “No one is more thrilled for Gary to have a friend than I but where does ‘he’ come in to stopping the Italians?” asked Mark. “I sent the shop owner and his family on a vacation and we are going to use Gary in his place when the new Italy tries to ambush him. I have modified it with non-lethal additions. In the left arm I have placed toxins from rainforest plants that causes temporary paralysis. There is enough here to knock out at least sex men. Any questions?” Tesla asks while looking while looking quite confident. “Oh ever so many question. How do you have enough money to pay off a growing crime syndicate and still have enough left over to send a man and his family on vacation? When did you go to the rainforest? New Italy has at least twenty people in the group, what are we going to do to the other fourteen of them?” asks Twain. Tesla takes a deep breath “Remember when I mentioned government contracts? Those pay quite well. I make a yearly trip to the rainforest, I have since I was a child. You can come with me next time. I knew I forgot to mention something, you’ll love this part.” 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment